Sunday, November 2, 2014

November 2nd

Previously Uncompleted Prompts, Now Complete:
  • Branding Iron (CiaNaNo) -
    I was setting down a picture of an ancient looking branding iron to the right of the sink when movement outside the window caught my eye.
  • Evil Carrying a martini tray (Jupiter) -
    “Ugh, that woman is evil incarnate,” I said, stirring the noodles on the stove.

    “And she brought a round of martinis to the table.”
Today's Completed Prompts:
  • Professor Plum in the library with the rope (Thea) -
    “Well, I won’t be wrong this time,” Celine said, grabbing at the little brown envelope in the center of the board.  “I think it’s Professor Plum in the library with the rope!”

    “Wrong,” Lydia, Dan, and Ryan said in unison.
  • Lettuce (writingfreak) -
    I stabbed another piece of lettuce with my fork and stuffed it into my mouth, still staring out the window.
  • Beet (writingfreak) -
    There wasn’t much in my fridge, except some nearly-expired milk and some roasted beets that had surely gone bad by now.
  • Shelves (Thea) -
    I poured the pasta back in the pot to mix with some olive oil and breadcrumbs I had grabbed off the shelf to the right of the stove.
  • Organization (Thea) -
    After three and a half hours of sitting on the floor and at least a cursory glance at everything that I had taken off of Cerise’s office walls, I had managed to organize everything into four separate piles, probably undoing some of the hard work my best friend.
  • Missing Person (Alicia) -
    “I really do appreciate it.  I’d hate to think of my daughter as a missing person.”
Today's Uncompleted Prompts:
  • Sugar Snap Pea (writingfreak)
  • Unexpected Detour (Nancy)
  • Transportation Problems (Nancy)
  • New Traveling Companion (Nancy)
  • A quiet hush (Thea)
  • Servant's Quarters (Alicia)
  • Wedding Bells (Alicia)
  • Constellation (Rion)
  • Red Moon Rising (Rion)
  • Mountain (Rion)
Previously Uncompleted Prompts:
  • Apanthropinization (Serena)
  • Something unexpected pulled out of a pocket (Lauren)
Random Thoughts:
  • Sometimes it's harder to fit the themed prompts in than it is to fit random ones in.
  • Phrases are really fun to fit in because they lead the situation to the strangest of places.
  • It's neat to see how I can interpret a prompt to fit what I'm writing.
  • I've got to start adding more prompts to my novel, or I'm going to get really behind and things are going to get strange.
Here's a statistic:  I've completed 17 prompts out of the 29 I have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment